Thursday 18 November 2010

So this week at college I have been working with SLR's for the first time. I used old ones to snap away and develop them. It was really interesting how to learn to develop. I think that using a manual SLR really taught me alot about using the camera correctly. Here are some pics I took in Colchester and Braintree.


Busker in a tunnel in Colchester. I like the angle I got here. The film snapped while realing it in so abit got exposed. But I feel this adds a really nice effect.



Was actually taking a picture of the space behind him and he walked in so snapped him, with concent of course.. Really like his facial features and the way he is poised..
I like the way both these pictures are on the right side of the shot. I also like the idea of space inside their head, like just a picture of a face can tell or at least lead to what has gone on in their life.



At first I wanted to get a pictureof the street with the buildings. The people walked into the scene. It somehow reminds me of abbey road. I think it shows a sence of movement.



This was shot from a high rise car park. The man walking alone is framed by the surroundings around him.



This photo was created by accident. I exposed it for 5 seconds one way and then when I took it out I realised it haddent been in for long enough so put it back in for another 10 seconds. When I developed it I realised I had put it back in the wrong way around. I like the way it looks like reflections on the ground. I might play with this more in the future.



The roof of the highrise car park. I like the way there is a large place and not being used.




This last image is all of them arranged in a particular way. Just a quick positioning. I feel that the centre two men are the focus.
I really enjoyed developing these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment