Thursday 25 November 2010

Ni vu, Ni connu (not seen, not known)

So this was a mini project at college. The idea was to become a flaneur (a stalker of the street). It was an interesting experience, as i have never done this before. I followed a woman and then a man but found him more interesting.
I had many mixed feelings while doing this: Intuding, invasive, felt lke I was doing something wrong, manipulative (were they going somewhere or doing something to see if i was following them if they knew). I also noticed how different people are paranoid about me following them even if I weren't. What causes this paranioa?
So this is my final edit, a story if you like. It is eye-opening how I can change the story, manipulate what the man was doing even though he wasn't even doing something of the sort.

Pic:1
An anonymous man sits having coffee waiting for something.

Pic:2
He gets up and walks somewhere.

Pic:3
He picks something up at the post office.

Pic:4
He delivers the item to another man. The man has the item in his hand. The first man looks ahead to stay "cool".

Pic:5
 He puts something that he got from the other man in his pocket as he walks to the next place.

Pic:6
He drops off the item he got from the other man and gives it to another man at the till of a shop.

Pic:7

He then reports back to the man and waits for what they are doing to take into action.

These pictures were taking while walking, therefore didn't get the focusing perfect. I also used the machine developer for the first time instead of wet develping. It ruined my negatives and therefore wont use it again. But both of these inperfections create a spy-like effect, detective peter to the rescue. lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment